The team at Muse Wall Studio includes easy application instructions with your order. Simply wipe clean your surface, peel off the top portion of the wallpaper backing, and apply to your surface starting at the top and working your way down. Remove switch plates and outlet covers before application. Quick to install and easy to get a professional look!
- Sharp blade to trim excess paper
- Tape measure
- A dry cloth to clean your surface
- A soft-edged squeegee to smooth air bubbles (included!)
- A straight edge for perfect trimming
- Surface should be smooth and completely dry. Do not use cleaning solutions on wall prior to application, except for diluted dish soap.
- Do not apply wallpaper to fresh paint until it has cured for at least 30 days.
- Remove outlet covers, light fixtures, and switch plates for easy application.
- Lay out all wallpaper panels on the floor as you intend to apply them. Check for correct orientation, seam alignment, and size. Mural panels are labeled in the order they should be applied from left to right.
- If you have more than several inches of extra material, trim the wallpaper as needed with a sharp blade and straight edge (scissors can work for this preliminary trimming, as well). Don’t trim the wallpaper to your wall size exactly. Rather, leave a few inches extra and do final trimming after you’ve applied the panels.
Application and Tips
- Starting with the panel you intend to apply on the far left side of your surface, gently peel off the first 6-10 inches of paper backing from the top of the panel.
- Fold down the section of paper backing you just peeled and make a sharp crease so the backing doesn’t get in your way.
- Start applying the first panel at the top left of the wall, smoothing the wallpaper panel down as you go and peeling off approximately 6-12 inches of paper backing at a time.
- You may adjust placement at any time by gently peeling off the section of wallpaper and re-applying. Do this as many times as needed to get your perfect look.
- Smooth out air bubbles as they appear. It may be helpful to peel up a small section of wallpaper to remove the air pocket, then smooth the section back down.
- As you apply, gently smooth the wallpaper down with your hand or the SOFT SIDE of the included squeegee.
- If applying MULTIPLE PANELS, start on the left and work your way right across the wall, aligning the panels as you go. Do not overlap panels, but rather line them up, edge to edge.
- Trim any excess paper along wall edges with a sharp blade. It may be helpful to use a straight edge to get a perfectly straight cut.
- If your wall isn’t level, consider drawing a level line with pencil as close as possible to the top of the wall, then leave one inch of wallpaper material ABOVE level line for every panel you apply.